How to Change the Default Email Address in cPanel?
The default email address interface in your cPanel account allows you to set up a default address (catch-all address) that receives any mail for an invalid email address for the domain. It is also known as “catch-alls.” With a Default Address enabled, cPanel routes any email sent to a non-existing address at your domain name to the account’s Default Address. For example, if your Default Address is [email protected] and someone emails a non-existent address, [email protected], cPanel forwards the email to [email protected]. Internet Server and most other hosts will disable the default e-mail setting as this address can attract a lot of spam. To change your default email account is an easy process. To do this, please follow the below given steps:
1) Login to your cPanel account.
2) Navigate to the ‘Email’ section.
3) Click on the icon ‘Default Address’ from the ‘Email’ section.
4) A new window will open and here you can define how the default address handles incoming messages.
Select the domain for which you wish to set a default address.
Select one of the following options:
a) Discard the email while your server processes it by SMTP time with an error message:
You can select this option to send an error message to the sender. Enter an error message in the Failure Message text box and that message will be sent to the sender address.
b) Forward to Email Address:
Select this option to forward mail to another address. Enter the email address which you want to set as the default email address or your cPanel account’s username in the Forward to Email Address text box.
c) Click Advanced Options to view the following additional options:
Forward to your system account — This option will forward mail to the system account.
Pipe to a Program — This option forward messages to a program at the path that you define in the available text box.
Discard (Not Recommended) — Select this option to delete incoming messages without a failure notice.
5) Finally, click on the ‘Change’ button at the bottom of the page to save the changes.
6) After clicking the change button, you will get the successful message like “cPanel will forward all unrouted email for “interserver.demo” to “[email protected]”.
If you need any further help, please do reach our support department.