How to Disable eximstats_spam_check Notifications
The eximstats_spam_check is a cPanel provided script, which scans the eximstats database and counts the number of emails that every domain on the server has sent in the previous hour. If a domain has exceeded a preconfigured threshold of 500 unique outbound emails, the system will log an alert. The alerts look like ‘[eximstats_spam_check] The system has detected an unusually large amount of outbound email. ‘. The alert is sent to the default email within WHM. We can disable this alert from WHM.
The steps to disable eximstats_spam_check are listed below.
1) Login to WHM
2) Navigate to Server contacts >> Contact Manager.
3) Then select the “Notification” menu from the displayed page.
4) Check the “Large Amount of Outbound Email Detected” option and change to “Disable” option in the drop-down menu.
Sometimes Eximstats consuming high resources, because the eximstats database tends to grow enormously if you have high mail traffic. So we can completely disable Eximstats from WHM if you don’t require. To disable the Eximstats from WHM, please follow the below steps.
1)login to WHM.
2) Navigate to Service Configuration >> Service Manager.
3) Uncheck the “Eximstats” option under the “TailWatch Drivers”.
If you need any further help, please do reach our support department.