How to Convert Addon Domain to Primary Domain in cPanel?
Convert Addon domain is a feature introduced by WHM version 56. Both root and reseller user can convert the Addon domain to cPanel account. Please go through the following steps to know how to convert your addon domain to primary domain in cPanel.
1) Login to your WHM interface.
2) Click on the icon ‘Transfers’.
3) Click ‘Convert Addon Domain to Account’.
4) Select the domain you want to covert as a cPanel account.
5) A new window will be open and here you need to enter username , contact email address and package details in the required field.
6) Finally click on the ‘Start Conversion’ button on the bottom of the page.
The time require for conversion will be depend on the data size, number of FTP Accounts, Email accounts, Sub domains, etc. You can verify if the conversion was done successfully by using the ‘List Accounts’ feature in WHM. Were you should see the new primary domain account.
You can also convert Addon domain to cPanel account using command line.
$ whmapi1 convert_addon_initiate_conversion domain=example.com user=example
If you need any further help please do reach our support department.