How to create catch-all email address in cPanel
cPanel offers the facility to create a catch-all email address for a domain name. In this article, we are going to see how to set a catch-all email account in cPanel.
What is catch-all email account?
A catch-all email for a domain is the mail box that will catch all the emails sent to a user that is not present on the server for a domain name. For example, if I’m receiving an email to [email protected] where there is no such mail box as “nouser” in the server for the domain mydomain.com, then with a catch-all email address configured, all emails will end up at that domain.
Steps to set catch-all email from cPanel
We can set the catch-all email from cPanel easily. Please follow the steps below to set a catch-all email address in cPanel.
1) Login to your cPanel interface.
2) Go to ‘Default Address’ under ‘Email’ section.
3) Select the radio button ‘Forward to Email Address’.
4) Enter the desired email address that you wish to set as catch-all email address.
5) Now click on the button ‘Change’ to save the changes.
This is how you can set catch-all email address in cPanel.
cPanel also provide the option to disable catch-all mail box. This needs to be set in WHM with root access
How to Disable catch-all mail box
To disable the catch-all mail box set up, please follow the steps below.
1) Login to WHM.
2) Go to the ‘Tweak Settings’ under ‘Server Configuration’.
3) Go to ‘Mail’ tab and locate the option ‘Initial default/catch-all forwarder destination. Select the radio button ‘Fail’.
4) Click on the button “Save” to save the change.
This is how we can enable and disable catch-all email address from WHM.
If you need any further help please contact our support department.