CakePHP Installation and Features
CakePHP is an open source web framework and is written in PHP. It follows the model view controller (MVC) approach. It makes building web applications simpler, faster, and require less code. It provides the tools you need to get started coding and what you need to get done; the logic specific to your application.
Requirements of CakePHP
1) HTTP Server. For example: Apache. Having mod_rewrite is preferred, but by no means required.
2) PHP 5.5.9 or greater (including PHP 7).
3) mbstring PHP extension
4) intl PHP extension
CakePHP request cycle
Model layer: This layer implements the business logic and is responsible for retrieving data and converting it into meaningful concepts for your application. This includes processing, validating, associating etc…
View layer: It implements a presentation of modeled data and it is responsible for using the information it has available to produce graphical interface your application might need.
Controller layer: This layer handles requests from users and t is responsible for rendering a response with the aid of both the Model and the View layer.
The typical CakePHP request cycle starts with a user requesting a page or resource in your application, then a dispatcher will process this request first which will select the correct controller object to handle it. Once the request arrives at the controller, if it requires any data-fetching or saving operation the controller will communicate with the Model layer to process this operation. After this communication is over, the controller will proceed to delegate the correct view object. Finally, the generated output is immediately rendered to the user.
1) Download the package
2) Unzip files
3) Change the directory and change the permission of the directory
# cd cakephp-cakephp-4b9e390
# chown -R root:www-data app/tmp
# chmod -R 775 app/tmp
1) Active, Flexible licensing
2) Code generation
3) Compatible with versions PHP 5.2.8 and greater
4) Fast and flexible templating
5) Email, cookie, security, session, and request handling Components
6) Flexible caching
7) Works from any web site directory, with little to no Apache configuration involved
8) Flexible ACL
If you need any further assistance please contact our support department.