Unable to Access PhpMyAdmin in cPanel
In this tutorial, let’s check how to access PhpMyAdmin in cPanel.
PhpMyAdmin is a free web application that provides GUI for working with the MySQL database management system. It is used to perform administration tasks like creating a database, running queries, and adding user accounts. It is compactable for almost any operating system. This tool is written in PHP that is intended to handle the administration of a MySQL or MariaDB database servers.
Various options for managing the databases using phpMyAdmin
1) Structure: It is the basic design of the database. Helps to organize your schemas, tables, and columns.
2) SQL: Structured query language used to manage data in the database management system. It helps the administrator to runs SQL query/queries on MySQL or MariaDB servers.
3) Search: Searches words or values inside the database tables.
4) Query: Query is a request for data or information from a database table or combination of tables. SQL defines a set of commands, such as SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE TABLE and many more.
5) Export: Exports database in different formats such as CSV, PDF, SQL, XML, Text, etc.
6) Import: Imports database in different formats such as OpenDocument Spreadsheet, CSV, SQL, ESRI Shapefile, XML.
7) Operations: There are various operations which you can execute on the whole database and on a separate table.
Sometimes we are unable to use phpMyAdmin in cPanel. The most common error every user gets with MariaDB is:
mariadb.service stop-final-sigterm timed out. Skipping SIGKILL. Entering failed mode
In order to investigate the issue in detail, we have to log in to the server (logged as root using SSH) and execute the command given below.
After executing the command, you will see the error message on the console just like this.
Mar 27 20:17:36 t4w6.xentio.lan mysqld: 2019-03-27 20:17:36 0 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld (mysqld 10.3.5-MariaDB) starting as process 6303 …
Mar 27 20:17:37 t4w6.xentio.lan systemd: mariadb.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Mar 27 20:20:37 t4w6.xentio.lan systemd: mariadb.service stop-final-sigterm timed out. Skipping SIGKILL. Entering failed mode.
Mar 27 20:20:37 t4w6.xentio.lan systemd: Failed to start MariaDB 10.3.5 database server.
Mar 27 20:20:37 t4w6.xentio.lan systemd: Unit mariadb.service entered failed state.
Mar 27 20:20:37 t4w6.xentio.lan systemd: mariadb.service failed.
Please follow the below steps to resolve this issue.
1) Login to the server as root user via SSH.
2) Start the MySQL using the following command.
service mysql start
3) Navigate to the following location.
4) Here you can see a file named tc.log. It is a text file, along with a list of binary logs. It was created with a fresh installation of MariaDB. Rename the file to some other name like tc.log-bk
mv tc.log tc.log-bk
5) Then start MySQL again.
service mysql start
Now, you would be able to access PHPMyAdmin from cPanel. If you are still facing this issue, please contact our support staff let our experts solve the issue on behalf of you.