Prevent users from sharing premium accounts of your site – Leech Protect
To prevent premium user of your website from giving away their credentials to their friends or family you can use Leech Protect. You can specify number of logins user can have on hourly basis which helps to prevent sharing of premium accounts.
Enable Leech Protect
- Go to cPanel and scroll down to security tab.
- Click on Leech Protect to see list of directories. Click on Icon to expand the directory. To protect a directory from leech access select the directory by clicking its name.
- Fill the number of logins allowed to a single user. It is recommended to set a number greater than 4.
- If there are more than specified login by certain user then specify the URL to display custom message. You can also opt to receive mail which will notify you of multiple access.
- Disable the user account
You can prevent leech users from accessing protected area by disabling the compromised account which can be done using the checkbox given below.
- When you go back to see the list of directories then you can see an icon representing leech protect on the corresponding directory.