How to stop a user from accessing your website
To block users to access your site you can use IP Deny Manager feature of cPanel. You can specify a particular IP address as well as complete series of IP addresses to block.
Video tutorial with updated steps is given below. Follow it or continue reading.
Steps involved in accessing IP Deny Manager
- Go to cPanel.
- Scroll down to Security tab.
- On clicking IP Deny Manager you will be presented with a configuration screen. You can enter a custom domain name or IP address. If you enter custom domain name the IP Deny Manager will automatically look for the IP address.
- Click on Add button to block the IP associated with the domain.
- Similarly you can add the IP address directly to block.
- Remove an IP from blocked list To see list of blocked addresses you can scroll down the screen. In the last column have an option to remove an IP from blocked list.
- Block a series of IP addresses If you want to block all the IP addresses from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 then just add 222.222.222 to the IP deny edit text.
So, IP deny manager helps you to block people from certain location. You can block single or multiple IP addresses by following the above steps.