Allow Remote IP Address to Access MySQL in cPanel Shared Hosting
In our shared hosting plans, by default, all IPs are blocked connecting to mysql. In order to allow a remote IP address to access the MySQL database, you need to add the Ip address to the remote MySQL access list. To do this, please follow the below given steps:
1) Login to your cPanel interface.
2) Scroll down to the ‘Databases’ section.
3) Click on the ‘Remote MySQL’ icon.
4) In the host field, enter the ip address from where you want to access your databases (You can see your IP from http://catchmyip.com)
5) Click on the ‘Add Host’ button.
6) After completing the section, you will then see a message stating ‘the host IP address was added to the access list’.
7) The allowed IPs will be shown in the Access Host list and If you want to remove any added Ip address, you can remove it by clicking the ‘Delete’ button associated with the Ip address. You can verify the following screenshot for this.
8) On the next page, click on the ‘Remove Access Host’ button to remove the Ip from your MySQL access list.
If you need any further help, please do reach our support department.