How to Install or Uninstall mod_http2 in cPanel Server
As we all know cPanel released version v68. The v68 introduce new features like “File restoration”, AutoSSL notification”, etc. I would like to share one of the new features is “mod_http2”. The “mod_http2 is an Apache module. The mod_http2 Apache module provides HTTP/2 support for the Apache HTTP server. This module can increase the loading speed and security of your web pages. To obtain these benefits, you must adjust your server’s configuration. To more about http2 please refer this link https://www.interserver.net/tips/kb/http2-advantages-http2/
Please note: HTTP/2 is resource intensive and can increase your server’s memory usage.
Default configuration file location is
It requires EasyApache 4 and Apache 2.4.
You can check Apache version by using the following command.
The mod_http2 Apache module is not supported with 32-bit CentOS 6 systems.
This module is not compatible with the following modules:
mod_mpm_prefork (the Prefork MPM)
How to install or uninstall mod_http2
This tutorial will help you how to install “mod_http2” apache module via both command line and via WHM.
1) Login to the server as root user via SSH.
2) To run following command to install mod_http2.
yum install ea-apache24-mod_http2
3) To run following command to uninstall mod_http2
yum remove ea-apache24-mod_http2
Install via WHM
1) Login to WHM as a root user.
2) Navigate to Home >> Software >> Easyapache 4.
3) Click the button “Customize” from “Currently Installed Packages”.
4) Then select “Apache Modules” and search “mod_http2” in the search box and enable this module.
5) Then select the button “Review”.
6) Proceed “Provision”.
Now you can check this module is enabled or not by running following command.
httpd -M |grep http2_module
If you need any further help please do reach our support department.